To calculate the number of miles travelled for a one-way trip, select your origin and destination below.
* Miles calculated are approximate and intended for estimating purposes only. Only direct flights will be displayed. To estimate mileage for an itinerary that contains 2 or more individual flight sectors, please search for each sector separately. Actual mileage will be determined by the carrier flown.
Reward Seat Points Table
Once you have calculated the miles for your flight, refer to the tables to see the minimum amount of Points required for a Reward Seat1.
The Points prices displayed below are the minimum Points required on the most direct routes. Where a one-way trip includes multiple flights and a stopover, change in cabin class or multiple airlines, the Points price required will be higher2.
Minimum amount of Points required for a Reward Seat
|Zone||One-Way Miles||Economy||Premium Economy6||Business7|
All Reward Seat bookings on Etihad Airways operated flights made from 18 June 2016 will incur an Etihad Airways Reward Seat Carrier Charge.
A charge of US$50 in Economy, US$205 in Business and US$300 in First Class will be applicable per flight sector for both adults and children. A reduced charge of US$5 in Economy, US$20.50 in Business and US$30 in First Class will be applicable per flight sector for infants not occupying a seat.
|Zone||One-Way Miles||Economy||Business7||First8||Plus applicable carrier charge|
Reward Seat bookings on Etihad Airways operated flights will incur an Etihad Airways Reward Seat Carrier Charge3.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Points prices displayed are correct as at 1 June 2016 and are subject to change. Redemption bookings are based on a one-way Reward Seat, are subject to availability and to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions and must be booked at velocityfrequentflyer.com.
2. The Points price for a Reward Seat will be based on the total miles for all sectors in a one way journey, except where there is a break in the journey. Where there is a break in the journey, the Points price is calculated on a per sector basis. A break in the journey includes: (a) a stopover, which means: (i) in an Australian domestic itinerary, a break of journey at an intermediate point when onward travel does not take place on the same calendar day; and (ii) for all other itineraries, including those containing a domestic to international connecting flight, when a passenger arrives at an intermediate point and is not scheduled to depart within 24 hours of arrival; (b) a change in class of travel within the journey; or (c) a change in operating airline where the airlines are located in different Reward Seat Points tables.
3. Taxes, applicable carrier charges and fees and surcharges are payable at the time of booking. These charges vary depending on carrier, city pair, fare class date and time of booking. Information correct as at 1 June 2016.
4. Includes Little Red services.
5. Velocity Points cannot be redeemed on Pacific Island flights. Air New Zealand Pacific Island destinations that are ineligible for Points earn. No First class available on Air New Zealand.
6. Premium Economy includes Virgin Australia International Long Haul, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin America Main Cabin Select.
7. Business includes Virgin Australia, Etihad Airways, Delta Air Lines (including First Class when travelling domestically in the U.S.A), SilkAir, Virgin Atlantic (Upper Class), Virgin America (First Class), South African Airways, Air New Zealand and Hawaiian Airlines.
8. First includes Etihad Airways only.
9. Selected services unavailable for redemption.
10. Services operated by NIKI are unavailable for Reward Seat redemption.
11. Services operated by Mango are unavailable for Reward Seat redemption. Services operated by Airlink Lodge Link with a flight number between the range of SA8930 - SA8954 are also unavailable for Reward Seat redemption.