Okay, so what is it?
It’s super simple – basically, it’s a digitised version of your Velocity membership card.
It’s another way to collect and store your Velocity Points and Status Credits as a Velocity Frequent Flyer, but minus the plastic.
Your My Velocity card can show you your live Velocity Points balance, will update you as you progress through the Status membership levels, and can be used by Platinum Velocity and Gold Velocity members for Lounge access. It’s very handy.
Why should you download it?
Look, what’s the point in earning benefits and rewards if you can’t easily access your membership number when you need it?
By downloading the My Velocity card and storing it in your Apple Wallet or Google Pay, you don’t have to worry about rummaging through your wallet or bag every time you need to pull up your digits or want to check how many Points and Status Credits you’re sitting on.
How do I download it?
First, sign into your Velocity Frequent Flyer account and head to your My Velocity dashboard. Select ‘Digital Membership Card’ from the drop section at the top right, or underneath "My Profile".
To add your My Velocity card to your Apple Wallet:
- Add your mobile number (Australia only, sorry guys) in the prompt box.
- You’ll get a text to that number with a link. If you see a failure message on screen, check your mobile number is correct and try again.
- Follow the link sent to your phone and complete the registration process to add your My Velocity card to your Apple Wallet. To maintain your security, you’ll need to sign in to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account.
To add your digital card to Google Pay:
- Select the ‘Save to Pay’ button to begin the My Velocity card registration. If you don’t already have the Google Pay app installed on your phone, you can download it from Google Play.
- When prompted, sign into your Google account.
- Once signed in, select ‘Save to Pay’ within the Google Pay app to complete the registration process.
Can I access the My Velocity card from the Velocity app?
Great question! (If I do say so myself).
If you're more of an app than a wallet person, you can also interact with your My Velocity Card via the Velocity App, which is downloadable for both Android and Apple devices.
The Velocity app also has a ton of other great features, like Explore, so it's worth downloading regardless. Find out more about the Velocity app and how to download it.