Last updated: 21 February 2024
WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information is being collected by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd and Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd. We run the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
This statement gives you an overview of how we collect and handle your personal information in connection with the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, including usage and device data, where we link that data to personal information we hold about you.
We are part of the Virgin Australia Group (“VA Group”). We collect some of your personal information from, and share it with, other companies in the VA Group to help them operate and improve their products and services.
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information when you join Velocity. You may have joined Velocity:
- directly – for example on the Velocity website
- through one of the companies in the VA Group – for example, when booking a Virgin Australia flight
- through one of our Velocity Partners for example, if you’ve joined Velocity when signing up for a credit card.
We continue to collect your personal information during your membership, including when you:
- update your membership details
- enter a competition
- contact us online, on social media, or through our Membership Contact Centre
- earn or redeem with us, the VA Group, or our Velocity Partners
- interact online with us, the VA Group, our Velocity Partners, or our Service Providers.
WHY WE COLLECT AND HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- create, access, and manage your Velocity membership
- communicate with you about your membership, including responding to enquiries and feedback
- help you earn, redeem and transfer Points and Rewards, earn Status Credits, and provide you with other benefits that are relevant to your membership
- identify offers, products and services offered by us, the VA Group, and our Velocity Partners that we think you’ll be interested in
- contact you about these offers, personalise your experience and send you direct marketing communications
- meet or enforce legal requirements or to take appropriate action in relation to our activities or those of the VA Group
- operate and improve our program.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE DON’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If we can’t collect your personal information, we can’t process your membership application or provide you with the benefits of being a Velocity member.
THIRD PARTIES: COLLECTING AND SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- companies in the VA Group
- our Velocity Partners
- people who act for you, including your appointed travel coordinator, your family members if you use Family Pooling, or people who book and manage flights and other travel arrangements for you
- third parties, including Marketing Partners and Service Providers who help us to:
- understand what might interest you
- personalise your experience or send you direct marketing communications
- interact with you
- run our business.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
We store some personal information in Australia and some overseas. We are likely to share your personal information to countries located outside of Australia where:
- our Service Providers or Marketing Partners that are located overseas.
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
You can log in to your Velocity membership account to view and update your contact details, transaction activity and communications preferences. If you have other questions about your membership, you can contact us.