Terms and Conditions
*Standard earn rate of 3 points per $1 spent on Allianz insurance policies applies. Points values shown are correct as at 01 March 2011 and are subject to change. Silver, Gold and Platinum members earn a 50%, 75% and 100% Points bonus on top of the base Points earned. Please allow up to 14 days for Points to appear in your Velocity account.
^Win 1 of 10 $1,000 Virgin Australia Holidays Vouchers
- The promotional period (“Promotional Period”) for this competition commences 12.01am AEST 1 August 2014 and ends midnight AEST 31 August 2014.
- Taking part in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the competition is AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, 74 High Street, Toowong, Queensland 4066 (‘the Promoter’) authorised under ACT permit number: ACT TP 14/02368, NSW permit number: LTPS/14/05396, VIC permit Number: 14/4644, SA permit number: T14/1255.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older (“Eligible Persons”).
- Directors, management and employees, their immediate families, their retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
- To enter, Eligible Persons must during the Promotional Period purchase an Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance policy via:
- the Virgin Australia website (either on a standalone basis via the following website Virgin Australia or while booking a flight on the Virgin Australia website); or
- By calling Allianz Global Assistance and identifying themselves as a Virgin Australia customer.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person.
- The winners of the competition will be drawn by random electronic selection at Anisimoff Legal Level 5, 492 St Kilda Rd, MELBOURNE VIC 3004 at 12 noon AEST, Wednesday 17 September 2014 (“Draw Date”).
- The winners will be notified in writing, as indicated when they purchase a travel insurance policy, within two days of the Draw Date. The winners’ details will be announced online at Virgin Australia and published in the public notices section of The Australian on Monday 29 September 2014.
- There are ten (10) prizes to be won. Each prize consists of one (1) $1,000 Virgin Australia Holidays Voucher to be provided to the winners via email or via post, at the winners’ request, within four (4) weeks of it being drawn.
- Travel on Virgin Australia flights is subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage, which are available at Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage and are subject to change. Bookings are subject to the Fare Rules applicable to your fare and are available here: Virgin Australia Fare Types.
- If a prize remains unclaimed by 17 December 2014, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw on that date by random electronic selection at Anisimoff Legal Level 5, 492 St Kilda Rd, MELBOURNE VIC 3004 at 12 noon AEST subject to any directions from the relevant authorities. The winners will be notified in writing. The winners’ details will be announced online at Virgin Australia from 23 December 2014 and published in The Australian on Monday 29 December 2014.
- If for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If this promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to, subject to the relevant Authorities which grant the Licence, to
- cancel, terminate modify or suspend the promotion, where the Promoter deems appropriate; or
- disqualify any entrant.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, a winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
You can access the personal information about you held by the Promoter by calling 1300 360 529.
Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd (Allianz Global Assistance). Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Any advice provided has not taken into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement, available on this website.