Terms and Conditions
How to Enter
To be eligible to enter, entrants must, during the Competition Period:
(i) log onto the entrant's own Twitter account;
(ii) publish a tweet containing:
a. the hashtag "#WinRichardsPoints ("Hashtag");
b. the first three digits of the entrant's Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number;
and c. the entrant's response to the question "what would you do with Richard Branson's Velocity Frequent Flyer points?".
Competition commences 09:30am AEDT 13 February 2014 ("Commencement Date"). Entries close at 11:59 pm AEDT 14 February 2014 (“Competition Period”).
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and win the Prize (as defined below) form part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who are current Velocity Frequent Flyer members.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
4. Each valid entry will be individually judged on the basis of the entry's creativity. The most creative entry as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will win 1,035,843 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points, to be transferred to the winning entrant's existing Velocity Frequent Flyer account ("Prize") expressed in the entry. Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership and the use of the Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program as amended from time to time: http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/index.htm. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner.
5. Entrants may submit more than one entry but each entry must be:
(a) substantially unique;
(b) the entrant’s original work;
(c) reflective of the entrant’s own experience; and
(d) submitted separately and in accordance with these conditions of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, an entrant may submit a particular entry only once during the Competition Period.
6. When the winner has been selected, the Promoter will publish a post announcing the winner and request that the winner contact the Promoter to arrange for transfer of the Prize. The winner must contact the Promoter within 48 hours of announcement of the Prize in order to claim the Prize. If the winner does not contact the Promoter within 48 hours of the announcement of the prize, the winner will automatically forfeit the Prize. The Promoter is under no obligation to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
7. If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize to the equal value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age or address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Any entrant found to have
(a) used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), or
(b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
10. Each work submitted as an entry or part of an entry (“Work”) becomes the property of the Promoter. Work(s) will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright) in and to the Work and consents to the Promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may use all or any part of an entrant’s Work(s) for any purposes at its discretion, including, without limitation, using the entrant’s Work(s) for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of this promotion, the Promoter, or otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Work submitted is an original literary work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s entry being invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the Promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
11. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the Competition.
14. The laws of New South Wales apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
15. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
16. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrants' names, likenesses, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
17. Any costs associated with accessing the Twitter Page is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
18. Nothing in these conditions of entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these conditions of entry would contravene any statute or cause any part of these conditions of entry to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, the Promoter excludes from these conditions of entry all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for liability in relation to a Non Excludable Guarantee, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) the Prize or use of the Prize.
20. The Promoter is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
21. The Promoter is Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd ACN 116 089 448 of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, QLD 4006.